College representatives will come to LHS throughout the fall to talk with seniors and juniors who are interested in learning more about college/university campus life and curriculums. Representatives will come during homeroom and meetings will be held in the High Tech Resource Room (located next to student services). Seniors and juniors must sign out of homeroom to attend the College Visitation. The list of dates and times will be regularly updated on announcements.
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are permitted two college visits per year. The following steps must be followed for a college visit absence to count as a college visit rather than a parent day:
1. Make an appointment with the college or university
2. Bring confirmation of your visit/appointment to the student services office at least 24 hours in advance.
3. We will give you a college visit form. This must be signed by parent and a representative of the college during your visit.
4. Have parent call into the attendance office to report the absence, as usual. The absence will go down as a parent day until the signed visit form is returned.
5. Return signed form on the day after your visit ( your first day back at LHS).
*No visit forms will be given on the day of the visit. You must plan ahead!!
** College visit forms can be used for military or workforce training if this cannot be completed outside of school hours.