Bus Conduct and Safety
Our bus conduct and safety rules are designed to promote student safety on the school bus. These rules are to be followed at all times. The safety of our students is always our first priority.
The authority of the school bus drier is recognized and supported by everyone. The school bus driver must be obeyed at all times to provide a safe and pleasant ride. Each student is expected to fully cooperate by obeying all of the rules. Transportation on a school bus is a privilege and is not guaranteed by Indiana law and service may be denied if a student violates any of the safety or conduct rules.
Due to the large number of riders on our school buses, there is no room available for students to have a friend ride with them. Only those students assigned to a bus are allowed to ride that bus.
Please make sure that all students understand and obey the following rules:
- Observe same conduct as in the classroom.
- Be courteous, use no profane language.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Cooperate with the driver.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Do not be destructive of personal or school property.
- Stay in your seat.
- Keep head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- The bus driver is authorized to assign seats.
- Tobacco products of all types are banned from school buses. This includes matches and lighters.
All students are expected to be at their assigned bus stops five minutes prior to the scheduled arrival of their school bus.