The Board exists for the purpose of a governing system for providing a free, public education in grades K-12 for children in Lebanon Community School Corporation.
The Board retains the powers granted by statute or rules adopted by State Board of Education, and functions as the legislative, executive, and judicial agency:
- Act through written policy in which provisions neither require nor prohibit specific actions
- Appointment of Superintendent who shall enforce all relevant statutes, guidelines, and policy
- Manage and control all district facilities and programs, and employees, students, and other persons entering upon its premesis
The Board of Trustees consists of five (5) elected members, elected at large by the district's eligible voters for four (4) year terms. The members are elected from, and must reside in, geographic districts as follows:
- Center Township (1 member)
- Perry Township (1 member)
- Worth Township (1 member)
- At-large (2 members)
At-large seats may be held by anyone residing in Center, Perry, or Worth townships.