We are excited to bring our school staff and students with the opportunity to purchase quality Spirit Wear. Here is the link and flyer for you to begin shopping. We will also have a printed information flyer going home tomorrow.
Dear Harney Parents, Guardians and Staff,
We wanted to let you know that we had a great board meeting tonight and have made the decision to streamline the calendar for the rest of the 2018/2019 school year. We recognize how important your time is and how busy the month of December is and because of this, we have decided to not move forward with the Winterfest this year. We have also decided to merge the November and December board meetings. The meeting will be held on Wednesday , November 28, 2018 at 7:00 pm in the library. (
We will be sending an updated calendar within the next few weeks, but we wanted to make you aware of the December changes as soon as possible.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
We invite our Veterans to our program on Monday, November 12th. We will dedicate our front main door parking to handicap sticker vehicles. The back lot will be dedicated to guests. All staff will park on the black top. The invitation and details for the program are on the attached document.
Official Letter to explain Evacuation Drill for November 9, 2018 at Harney Elementary.
Friday, November 9, 2018 we will participate in an all school evacuation drill. The doors to our building will be locked and our school will not be available from 9:30-10:30 a.m. We will be taking our students on several evacuation routes to our rally point, take attendance, and then walk back to school. Because this is a drill, there will be additional safety and emergency vehicles present to assist us along the routes and at the movie theater. Please make sure to dress your child in appropriate weather related clothing and shoes. Because this is a drill, we will insure that students have their coats, hats, gloves and shoes on before we evacuate. Please read more for additional information. We will be discussing this drill with students tomorrow to prepare them. Feel free to contact Dr. Dye, Mrs. Davis, or Officer Tibbs if you have any questions. It is our hopes that we NEVER have to do this type of emergency response ever. Thank you for your continued support.
We hope you have a safe Fall Break! We will return on Monday, October 29, 2018. First Quarter Grades should be officially posted for parent view by this Friday. Many things are in store for the next grading period. Stay tuned for more info on PTO and SCHOOL Events. All Pro Dad's Breakfast is this Friday. Come for a PEP Talk with your children and have a great breakfast around 7:45-8:45 a.m. See the important announcement about our Veteran's Day Program.
Join us for a time to have fun before the Lebanon High School Football Game! Bring a chair, a snack, a drink or cash for concessions. PTO will provide water and pizza for a pregame treat until it runs out. Look for our Harney Group 6:00 p.m. and then stay for the game at 7:00 p.m.
Enjoy our CUB NEWS! Have a Great Day!
Today is the day we will receive our guests and visitors into school, provided that you have a criminal background check completed and on file. This year, there is about a 2 week turn around time on these checks through the change of company. Remember, safety is not always convenient, but it is worth our student and staff safety to make sure we all comply with this policy. Some things to know about lunch time:
1. Please do not bring in outside food or treats to share with other students.
2. Plan to sit with your child at a designated table.
3. Plan to pay for an adult lunch which comes with 2 visits to the fresh fruit and salad bar.
4. Enjoy your special time with your child.
News about Lunch Balances:
1. We have a no charge policy. Parents are expected to send in money or pay online regularly to maintain a positive balance in their child's account.
2. The USDA makes the rules and provisions for what we can offer that meets the nutrition value guidelines. If there are any dairy allergies, we can make provisions. We also have a Fresh Fruit and Salad Bar that a student can add for free to their cheese sandwich and milk entrée.
3. Lunch Balance Letters go out in student book bags/folders every Monday and Thursday for parent review. For habitual negative balances, a personal letter goes home with it that states the balance and where to find assistance.
4. If a balance on the account is negative, breakfast as well cannot be provided.
5. Parents who habitually are late in payments or have a negative balance in their child's account are called personally by our cafeteria manager.
6. Parents can set their Skyward Account to alert them of low balances.
7. If a parent gets in a bind, call our cafeteria manager and she will assist in anyway she can.
8. We are not into shaming or disrespecting a child for a parent's negligence in paying their child's lunch. A parent has many warnings, options, and notifications to avoid their child not getting a full choice lunch. Send them with a home lunch until the negative balance can be paid.